The game of yesteryears is being played out in a rather different manner now a days. Most of the young and hip generation is looking for playing with colours by making their body a canvas. From tattoos, different coloured nails with some hair-raising designs, speaking of which hair colour is one such step which people are taking, happily!
Coloured is probably been around since time immemorial. The Egyptians were known to be rather stylish, have intricate hairstyles, sport elaborate hair accessories, and have their hair dyed. It was somewhat of a custom to have their hair coloured and have it styled in a very tedious, yet gorgeous manner. Now those days didn’t have the technological advancement in the haircare we have now. The coloured hair didn’t have colour-based conditioners, but the 21st century has Matrix with their colour obsessed conditioner, which pretty much is your best friend if your hair is coloured.
Coloured hair can be a bit difficult to maintain after a certain point in time. Going to the salon every time isn’t pocket friendly either. The fading hair colour only makes it looks rather ugly. This can be maintained in a few ways at home. Using the matrix colour obsessed conditioner is one of them. Using this conditioner helps the colour be intact. The antioxidant properties make it easier to keep the colour from fading with every wash. And it isn’t that difficult to use either, wash your hair, when its dripping wet, apply the matrix colour obsessed conditioner, leave it in, rinse it off. Voila great coloured and vibrant hair!
Hair colouring is mostly done for cosmetic purposes, to cover grey hair or to bring the hair colour back to its original colour which is damaged due to sun. Many people are also known to be using hair colour to defy many norms or even just look more glamourous. The stereotypes that are attached with hair colours is also a driver to make people colour their hair. Blondes are known as dumb; redheads are known to be fiery; brunettes are attractive, you are just as guilty of following these stereotypes.
Now a day’s hair colours come in a wide variety. Up until a few years ago, the colours were limited to black and brown. The reds, blues and greens have made a striking space in the hair colour industry. It is quite appealing to most people, we are sure it is appealing to you as well, but before you decide to colour your hair with amazing crazy hair colours, go through the steps below to understand the upkeep for coloured locks.
- Always wash your coloured hair with sulphate free shampoos and conditioners, so that the colour stays intact.
- Do a swatch test 24 hours before you apply the colour. A swatch test is where you apply the colour behind your ear or your wrist to see if your body has an allergic reaction to it.
- Always cover your clothes and hands. Protect your eyes.
- When applying the colour, make sure you wear gloves, to keep your hands clean of the colour
- When done colouring always wait 72 hours before shampooing your hair. When you apply colour to your hair, the cuticle opens to allow the colour to seep in. Hence the longer you wait to wash your hair the better the colour remains, because the cuticle closes.
- If you have a brighter colour like red or blue, add a bit of colour to your conditioner, so it will in effect keep dyeing your hair a little every time you wash your hair. Genius, we know!
- Do not wash your hair often, it strips the hair of the colour. Try to use dry shampoos if you want to avoid oily hair.
We hope that the above-mentioned tips and tricks help you in getting a better hair colour, and if you are in doubt then no the matrix colour obsessed conditioner is sulphate free. You can buy the matrix conditioner on cosmetize.com. So, go ahead and enjoy your coloured hair, express yourself and also decide on whether you want to keep experimenting with your hair colours or want to enjoy a more sombre look.